Sunday, November 29, 2009

Freestyle Slalom Lessons

Posted on 26 May 2009. It's time for updates!

The number of slalom students had increased gradually and very slowly. Sometimes in life, it's essential to go slow especially when you are learning new skills you don't know.
And when you are working on a new business.

Again, if you want to train/learn Freestyle Slalom with me and or your family, please contact me for further details at:
slalom.angel(at)gmail.com
--- replace (at) with @

I'm sorry to say that I am only available in Singapore. If you are from other countries, you may look for other freestyle skaters in your hometown.

You may check out the videos of my competitions and my details beside this page.

Current Students who are interested to progress for slalom; Year 2009:


  • Ser Koon (Age 7+) who is the youngest boy from Singapore who took part in FreeStyle Slalom for SNFC 2009. We took less than 3 weeks to form his routine. His parents stopped lessons with me due to their busy schedule. So far, he's my best student amongst the rest. We took 2 weeks break after his competition and the picture of him above was taken during SNFC 2009.
  • 2 teenage girls (Age 13 & 14) @ Pasir Ris, very interested to become a pro but stopped for a while due to their holiday trips.
  • A mother of 2 girls ( Age 30plus) @ Sembawang, stopped due to her busy schedule. Her daughter age of 5 might start to learn...
  • 2 boys ( Age 5 & 7) @ Pasir Ris, have to go through basic skating as they are not up to my standard in order to move on to slalom.
  • Boy & Girl (Age 10 & 8) @ Jurong, boy is fast and girl is slower.
More coming soon!


Previously, I had guided some in Year 2008:
  • A girl (Age 8+), sometimes her sister (Age 5+) together with their father.
  • A boy (Age 11) at East Coast sometimes with his father and brother.
  • A boy (Age 11) at Jeluntung.

And I hope that they will still continue to enjoy Freestyle Slalom for leisure!

Before you start to learn Slalom;

  • You need to have your own Freestyle skates. I recommend the brand Seba.
  • Full protective gears during my lessons.
  • If you want to use your recreational skates, you need to remove the Heel Brake from right side of the skates.
  • You must have gone through Beginner to Intermediate skating lessons with any recognized skate schools and had practised skating on your own for at least 2 weeks!
  • Keep this in mind. To improve you need to practise on your own at least 1 hour twice a week.
Every foundation comes layer by layer, step by step, in order to become stronger.

Please email me your contact numbers and other details to book your FreeStyle Slalom sessions now!

No comments: