Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Forgiveness!

Hello Everybody! Woohoo! I'm so happy! It's seems like for no reason, but deep down is the understanding of God that makes me feel happy!

On 11th May I was feeling terrible after a test and because of sickness and the thought that I might not pass kept hovering my mind. I rested at home and never go to work. It seems like the most terrible day I ever have after my previous realization on self esteem.

At the end of that day, I went to bath with a lighter mood feeling better. And I sang the words, "bring the water of forgiveness into my heart... and your hearts." It touches my heart! I feel that is what I want! So how can I learn to forgive?

I prayed to God to show me the way to forgive and went to sleep.

On 12th May, I went to my favourite place Starbucks to read my recent favourite book Your Best Life Now by my favourite pastor Joel Osteen. After a few hours I was restless and I was about to leave, but something in my heart nudged me to continue reading.

So I listened to that nudge and continued reading. It was 7.30pm and supposed to be my dinner time. I was about to finish a chapter, something touched me very strongly and it still touches me.

"Perhaps you are the one who's always going the extra mile. You're the peacemaker in the family. Because people know you are kind, generous, and friendly, they tend to take advantage of you or not appreciate you."
I feel it's true for me. Let's continue reading...

"But God sees your integrity. Nothing that you do goes unnoticed by God. He's keeping the records and He will reward you in due time. That's what He did for Abraham."
"In essence, God told Abraham, " Because you preferred your brother, because you treated your relative kindly, because you went the extra mile to do what is right, I'm not going to give you a small portion of land; I'm going to give you an abundant blessing. I'm going to give you thousands and thousands of acres; miles and miles of land. All that you can see is going to be yours." "

Memories swarmed at me! I started to recall my heart of kindness, generosity and love to people around me including my enemies. I was so touched and I cried. I was shedding the tears of joy! Cos I am out of many situations that I used to be. I have been trying my best to perform virtues even when people say all kind of nasty things to me and mistreated me. And I deeply thank God for bringing me to situations I am in now! Because of this, the first person I forgive was myself!

I was feeling extremely happy that I wanted to share the joy. A joy to rejoice! And the heart gets lighter! And I was coughing much more... LOL! I was having flu and cough at that time. After crying and rejoicing, I went to eat my dinner with extreme happiness! I went on to share with some of the people who are closer to me including my mentor and church friends.

To further enhance this realisation, I did extra works. Recalling all those people who have mistreated me one by one and I previously find it hard to forgive, and I thought on all the good things I have done for them and my humour even starts to enter when I recalled some mistakes I made! LOL!

When we find it hard to forgive, either we are expecting the other parties to be nice to us the way we want or we thought we could have done better during those situations!

Forget it! We can't change the past! Let the past be the past! And move on, move forward!

Because when I started to focus on what I've done best, I forgive myself! And then I forgive others!

May you find the way to forgiveness too! I assure you, you will feel a surge of freedom in your heart!
 

No comments: